To apply for a Vietnam eVisa as a Philippine citizen, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the official Vietnam eVisa website:
- Click on the “Apply for eVisa” button and create an account.
- Fill out the online visa application form. You will need to provide your personal information, passport details, and travel information.
- Upload a recent passport photo and a scan of your passport biodata page.
- Pay the eVisa application fee using a credit or debit card.
- Review your application and submit it.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email. You can track the status of your application on the eVisa website.
Requirements for Vietnam eVisa for Philippines citizens:
- A valid Philippine passport that is valid for at least 6 months from your date of arrival in Vietnam.
- A recent passport photo.
- A valid email address.
- A credit or debit card to pay the application fee.
- Evidence of health or travel insurance with COVID-19 cover for treatments in Vietnam. It should have a minimum cover threshold of USD 10,000.
Processing time for Vietnam eVisa:
The processing time for a Vietnam eVisa is typically 3-5 business days. However, it is recommended that you apply for your eVisa at least 2 weeks in advance of your trip to Vietnam.
Cost of Vietnam eVisa for Philippines citizens:
The cost of a Vietnam eVisa for Philippine citizens is USD 25.
Once your eVisa is approved, you will receive an email with a PDF copy of your eVisa. You must print out this copy and present it to the immigration officer at the port of entry in Vietnam.
Please note that the Vietnam eVisa is valid for a single entry into Vietnam and for a stay of up to 30 days. If you need to stay in Vietnam for longer than 30 days, or if you need to make multiple entries into Vietnam, you will need to apply for a regular visa at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
What is Vietnam Evisa?
The online Evisa is an Electronic authorization that permits citizens of eligible countries to travel to Vietnam. It is an electronic visa that permits its holder to visit Vietnam for touristic, business or medical purposes for up to 60 consecutive days.
Nowadays, Vietnam is one of the most popular countries on the list of every traveler in SE Asia. In February, Vietnam launch the e-Visa program in order to simplify the visa process. Who can obtain Vietnam Evisa to enter Vietnam? There are citizens from 46 countries, including Philippines, can get their E-visa electronically.
In fact, Philippines is in exemption list from visa to enter Vietnam, so in case you want to stay in Vietnam less than 21 days, you do not need to apply a visa. However, a stay for more than 21 days still requires you to have it.
Frequently asked question about Vietnam E-visa
What do I need to prepare when applying for a Vietnam E-visa?
You have to prepare the following documents in order to apply for Vietnam visa:
- Your original passport (at least 6 months in validity after arrival to Vietnam)
- A Credit / Debit card / Paypal account
- Digital Passport Scan (main page)
- Digital ID/Passport image
How long does it take to apply an E-visa?
Your waiting time will depend on what case you choose. There are three options:
- Standard Processing Time: 5 business days.
- Rush Processing: 4 business days.
- Super Rush Processing: 2 business days.
How long is the validity of Vietnam Evisa?
The Vietnam e-Visa has the validity of 30 days after your arrival. In addition, it is a single entry visa and allows for a maximum stay of 30 days.
What are Vietnam Evisa Requirements for Filipino citizens?
Your passport must have validity for a minimum of 30 days beyond the visa expiry date. For example, in case you enter Vietnam today and your visa expires in 30 days, then your passport must be valid for at least 60 days. It also must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control officer.
Ports of entry that permit the use of Vietnam Evisa
- Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Phu Bai International Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Bo Y Landport
- Cha Lo Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Nam Can Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Xa Mat Landport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
What do I need to show when entering Vietnam?
You must present a printed copy of the E-visa, accompany with your passport.
Important information you need to consider before applying
- A Vietnam Evisa is valid for 30 days with single entry, from the proposed date of entry indicated during the application and Vietnam visa on arrival is the option you should choose for multiple entries or a stay in excess of 30 days. We gave detailed guide in How to get Vietnam visa from Philippines? so you can find out ways to apply for visa on arrival.
- You can remain Vietnam for a maximum of 30 consecutive days after the initial entry date with Vietnam Evisa.
- Filipino travelers who want to visit Vietnam must have their passport with at least 6-month validity from the planned date of entry.
- Minors who have their own passport must complete a full e-Visa application. Minors who are 14 and under and included on their parent’s passport will have to be included on their parents e-Visa application.
- Applicants are also needed to carry a copy of their e-Visa at all times during their stay.
How to apply online for Vietnam e-Visa?
If you want to apply Vietnam Evisa, you just need to follow 3 simple steps:
- Access the website and fill in Apply Vietnam visa form include the airport of arrival, date of arrival, your full name, date of birth, passport number and your nationality.
- After double checking your information to make sure that all are correct, you can also make a payment with a list of payment methods we accept and fill in the secure payment page for our visa service fee.
- You are going to receive your approval letter and instructions to get your visa stamped. We shall automatically process approval letter and give the result back to your contact’s email on the bookings as processing time. You just need to print and show it at International airport you land.
Are you satisfied with this section? Is there any question that we do not list? Please let us know by leaving a comment or access Vietnam Embassy in Philippines for further information, this is provided for news and service purpose.