Vietnam is an enticing destination for Pakistani travelers due to its natural beauty, rich history, and vibrant culture. However, before you can embark on your journey to Vietnam, you will need to obtain a visa. This article will provide a comprehensive guide on Vietnam visa requirements for Pakistani citizens, the application process, fees, and other essential information.
Table of Contents
All Pakistani citizens are required to obtain a visa before traveling to Vietnam. The following are the general requirements for a Vietnam visa for Pakistani citizens:
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining
- One recent passport-sized photograph
- Completed Vietnam visa application form
- Visa fee payment
In addition to the above requirements, there are different types of visas available for Pakistani citizens depending on the purpose of their visit. These include tourist visas, business visas, and work visas.
Types of Vietnam Visas for Pakistani Citizens
Vietnam Tourist Visa for Pakistani Citizens
The Vietnam tourist visa is issued to those who plan to visit Vietnam for tourism purposes only. This visa allows Pakistani citizens to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days or up to 90 days, depending on the type of visa issued.
Vietnam Business Visa for Pakistani Citizens
The Vietnam business visa is issued to Pakistani citizens who plan to visit Vietnam for business purposes, such as attending business meetings, conferences, or signing contracts. This visa also allows Pakistani citizens to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days or up to 90 days.
Vietnam Work Visa for Pakistani Citizens
The Vietnam work visa is issued to Pakistani citizens who have secured employment in Vietnam. To obtain this visa, Pakistani citizens must have a job offer from a Vietnamese employer and meet other requirements set by the Vietnamese government.
Vietnam Visa Application Process for Pakistani Citizens
There are two ways to apply for a Vietnam visa for Pakistani citizens:
Vietnam Visa On Arrival for Pakistani Citizens
The Vietnam visa on arrival is a convenient and popular option for Pakistani citizens who plan to enter Vietnam by air. This type of visa allows Pakistani citizens to apply for a visa online, receive an approval letter by email, and pick up their visa upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam.
To obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival, Pakistani citizens must follow these steps:
- Fill out the online application form
- Pay the visa processing fee online
- Receive the visa approval letter by email within 2-3 business days
- Print out the visa approval letter and bring it with you to the airport in Vietnam
- Get your visa stamped upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam
Vietnam Visa Application through Embassy or Consulate
Pakistani citizens can also apply for a Vietnam visa through the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Pakistan. To apply for a visa through the embassy or consulate, Pakistani citizens must submit the following documents:
- Completed visa application form
- Original passport with at least six months of validity
- One recent passport-sized photograph
- Visa fee payment
- Other supporting documents (depending on the type of visa)
After submitting the required documents, Pakistani citizens will need to wait for their visa application to be processed. The processing time varies based on the type of visa and the embassy or consulate where the application is submitted.
Vietnam Visa Fees for Pakistani Citizens
The visa fees for Pakistani citizens vary depending on the type of visa and the length of stay in Vietnam. The following are the approximate fees for each type of visa:
- Tourist visa: USD 25 – 50
- Business visa: USD 85 – 160
- Work visa: USD 150 – 300
It’s essential to note that other additional fees may apply, such as service fees or stamping fees.
Comparisons: Vietnam Visa vs. Other Southeast Asian Countries
Vietnam is not the only country in Southeast Asia that requires Pakistani citizens to obtain a visa before traveling. The following are a few comparisons between Vietnam visas and visas for other popular Southeast Asian destinations:
- Thailand: Pakistani citizens can enjoy a visa-free stay in Thailand for up to 30 days, but if they plan to stay longer, they must apply for a visa.
- Malaysia: Pakistani citizens can apply for a tourist visa to Malaysia online or through the Malaysian embassy. The processing time takes around 3 – 5 working days.
- Indonesia: Pakistani citizens can apply for a tourist visa or a social-cultural visa to Indonesia. Tourist visas can be obtained upon arrival at certain airports, while social-cultural visas require an application through the Indonesian embassy.
Tips and Advises for Pakistanis on Applying for Vietnam Visa
- Start the visa application process early to avoid any delays or last-minute complications.
- Ensure that all the required documents are complete and accurate before submitting them.
- Check the validity of your passport before applying for a visa.
- If you’re unsure about the visa requirements or the application process, seek assistance from a reliable travel agency or consult the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Pakistan for guidance.
- Keep a copy of your visa approval letter and passport with you at all times during your trip to Vietnam.
Tips for expedited Vietnam Visa for Pakistani Citizens
1. Apply online in advance
The quickest way to get a Vietnam visa is to apply online in advance. This can be done through the official e-visa website of the Vietnamese government. The e-visa application process is quick and easy, and you will receive your visa within 24-48 hours.
2. Use a reputable visa agency
If you are not comfortable applying for a visa online yourself, you can use a reputable visa agency. These agencies can help you with the application process and ensure that your visa is processed correctly.
3. Provide all required documentation
When applying for a Vietnam visa, you will need to provide all required documentation. This includes a copy of your passport, a passport photo, and a completed visa application form. You may also need to provide additional documentation, such as proof of onward travel or a letter of invitation.
4. Pay the visa fee
The visa fee for Pakistani citizens is USD 25 for a single-entry visa and USD 50 for a multiple-entry visa. You can pay the visa fee online or at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
5. Allow plenty of time for processing
Even if you apply for an expedited visa, it is still important to allow plenty of time for processing. It is recommended that you apply for your visa at least 15 days in advance of your travel to Vietnam.
- Start the visa application process as early as possible to avoid any delays.
- Make sure that your passport is valid for at least six months after your planned departure date from Vietnam.
- Have a copy of your visa application form and confirmation email with you when you travel to Vietnam.
By following these tips, you can ensure that you get your Vietnam visa quickly and easily.