Entering Vietnam with visiting purpose requires you to have Vietnam tourist visa. Let’s read all information about Tourist Vietnam visa from Thailand.
All of foreign visitors are required to hold a valid Vietnam Tourist Visa, except that their nationalities are in Vietnam visa exemption list. If you have to apply for Vietnam Visa from Thailand, do not worry, this kind of visa is very easy to get. Let’s discover step by step to know more about this kind of visa.
Vietnam travel visa – Vietnam tourist visa
Vietnam tourist visa for foreigners in general and Thailand citizens in particular is a landmark service initiated by the Government of Vietnam so as to travel to Vietnam.
All of foreign visitors, who travel to Vietnam from Thailand are required to hold a valid Vietnam tourist visa.
Vietnam also has exemption program, there are countries whose citizens are permitted to enter Vietnam without a visa, but of course there has a limited period. Please refer to the table below to check Vietnam tourist visa requirement first.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
Thailand is in Vietnam exemption list whose citizens are alowed to stay in Vietnam for less than 30 days without a visa. In case they want to stay for a longer period, Thai citizens still need to apply for Tourist Vietnam visa from Thailand as usual.
If your nationality is not in exemption list and you are required a Vietnam tourist visa, do not be worried. The process of getting a visa turns out to be simpler than you think, which lots of supports from visa agent.
Validity of tourist Vietnam visa from Thailand
As any kinds of visa, you need to apply for the period – how long you want to stay in Vietnam, because its validity refers to the length of time you are permitted to stay. It is time period from expected date of arrival on the application form to visa expiration date as shown on the visa and you can apply for a maximum validity of 3 months.
Note: You can obtain Vietnam tourist visa by businessmen for short business trip. Because the customs officer never concerns about your real purpose of the trip so there is not any problem at all when you do that.
How many types of Vietnam tourist visa?
Vietnam tourist visa can be granted on single and multiple entries. In case you want to travel frequently with a multiple entry visa, you do not have to obtain for a new visa every time you enter Vietnam. In contrast, in case you apply single entry visa, your visa will automatically expires immediately after you exit Vietnam.
What is the procedures of Vietnam tourist visa?
Applying for Vietnam tourist visa to Vietnam can be done personally or online depending on mode of transport you use to enter Vietnam.
Enter by bus or cruise
Travelers who enter Vietnam by bus or cruise are required to apply Vietnam tourist visa at Embassy or Consulate before reaching the border. What do you need to prepare? You have to submit these requirements (which may vary slightly from embassy to embassy):
- Your original passport with at least 6 months validity
- Visa application form (available at embassy office)
- 01 recent passport-sized photo
- Vietnam visa fees from Thailand
To avoid long queue and wasting time, some embassies encourage the applicants to submit visa application by post or email. If you are unable to visit the embassy due to long distance or matters, you can contact the consular office in advance to check whether postal application is acceptable or not.
It will take you from 5 to 7 business days since the date of receipt of application to receive your visa. Expedited visa processing is available upon request.
Enter Vietnam by plane
We are happily to inform you that foreigners who arrive in Vietnam by air are able to get Vietnamese tourist visa either at embassy or Vietnam visa on arrival. We also recommend you to apply Vietnam visa on Arrival as it’s less time-consuming, hassle-free and cheap price.
How to apply Tourist Vietnam visa from Thailand?
Applying Visa At Vietnam Embassy In Thailand
By visiting the Vietnam Embassy in Thailand which is near your living, you can get Vietnam visa by coming in person or by post. The visa procedure may take several days (usually from 3 to 6 working days) and the visa fee may vary from embassy to embassy.
Applying Vietnam Tourist visa is a more complicated way than applying Vietnam Visa Online. You have to lodge your passport and relevant documents to Vietnamese Embassy in Thailand. It’s inconvenient for someone living far. Sometimes your application is failed because of missing passport, important documents.
This way takes you a lot of time for applying and waiting. You don’t know how the progress of your application is going on. If you want Visa urgently whether your Visa will be ready in time. This is a difficult question if you need Vietnam Visa urgently such as on business, study, medical problems… In addition you cannot restrain expense, have to pay additional cost.
Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok, Thailand
- Address: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, THAILAND
- Phone: (662) 267 9602
- Fax: (662) 254 4630
- Email: email@example.com
Office hours for public: 8h30 – 11h30 ; 13h30 -16h30 from Monday to Friday (Except Vietnamese and Thai public holidays).
Consulate General of Vietnam in KHON KAEN, Thailand
- Address: 65/6 Chatapadung, Khonkaen 40000, THAILAND
- Phone: (66) 4324 2190
- Fax: (66) 4324 1154
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying Vietnam Visa Online For Tourist Vietnam Visa from Thailand
- Fill in Apply Vietnam Visa form with your information.
- Double check your information and make a payment. This is the service fee for visa agent to proceed with your visa application.
- Receive approval letter within days you choose. Normally, it takes you in 2 working days to get the letter.
- When you arrive at a Vietnam international airport, please present the approval letter, your passport, 2 passport photos (4×6 cm or 2×2 inches) and pay stamping fee to get your Vietnam visa.
You should be noted:
- Service fee: This is the fee you pay visa agent for applying your visa request.
- Stamping fee: This is the fee ruled by the Immigration Department that you have to pay in cash at your arrival airport to be granted a Vietnam visa.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months and have at least 2 blanked left pages.
- ONLY person who travel by AIR to Vietnam can use Visa On Arrival.
- You can check your Vietnam visa fee by clicking Vietnam visa fees 2019.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival or Business Vietnam visa, you can get your Vietnam visa in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Sukhothai, Krabi, Ayutthaya, Kanchanaburi or any cities in Thailand. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
ww.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications.
Should you need any further information or have any problem with visa, contact us:
- Address: 1 Floor, 56 Nguyen Cu Trinh Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 839 20 24 26
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18 \ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: email@example.com
- Tollfree USA: 1866-278-6239
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom/