Vietnam is a beautiful country located in Asia. Thanks to the easy movement between Vietnam and many countries, foreigners nowadays come to Vietnam more and more day by day. Although some foreigners when entering Vietnam need to apply for a Vietnam visa, Vietnam also has a policy that allows citizens from some countries enter without it. So Which countries are exempt from a Vietnam visa? Is your country in list Vietnam Visa exemption?
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT A VISA ON ARRIVAL
- Vietnam Visa Extension for Filipino citizens
- Vietnam visa requirements for Philippines passport holders
It is said that Vietnam has lots of beautiful landscape and hospitable locals that you once experienced, you would want to come back. When coming to Vietnam, you will be attracted by many ancient towns, modern cities as well as delicious food. As any countries, this country also requires you a visa to enter, but there are also has exemption: citizens from 24 countries are exempted from visa, thanks to the Vietnam Visa Exemption rule. Which countries are exempt from a Vietnam visa?
If you are a Philippines passport holder, you are not required for a Vietnam visa. In case you are not Philippines citizens, below we have a list of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam, please check whether your nationality is needed to apply for a Vietnam visa or not.
As of January 2019, regular passport holders from 24 COUNTRIES below DO NOT need a tourist visa for Vietnam:
|COUNTRIES||PASSPORT REQUIRED||MAXIMUM STAY|
|Chile||Yes||less than 90 days|
|Cambodia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Indonesia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Kyrgyzstan||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Laos||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Malaysia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Singapore||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Thailand||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Philippines||Yes||less than 21 days|
|Brunei||Yes||less than 14 days|
|Myanmar||Yes||less than 14 days|
|Belarus||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Denmark||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Finland||Yes||less than 15 days|
|France||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Germany||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Italy||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Japan||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Norway||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Russia||Yes||less than 15 days|
|South Korea||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Spain||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Sweden||Yes||less than 15 days|
|United Kingdom||Yes||less than 15 days|
- Foreign passports are exempted from visa requirements to Phu Quoc island for no longer than 30 days. If they transit through other international airports in Vietnam before arriving Phu Quoc, they are still eligible for the exemption.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders with valid passports are exempted from Vietnam visa requirements for a stay of no longer than 60 days.
- If your country is in Vietnam visa exemption list, you will be able to visit Vietnam without a visa, but you are allowed to stay in this country during the limited period. A longer stay will required you a Vietnam visa. For example, Philippines passport holders are permitted to stay in Vietnam less than 21 days without a visa, in case they want to stay there more than 21 days, they still need to apply for it.
We hope the article below can supply you knowledge about Vietnam Visa Exemption and answer the question whether you need a Vietnam visa or not. Do you have any question that we do not list? Please let us know by leaving a comment or access Vietnam Embassy in Philippines for further information, this is provided for news and service purpose